Saturday, March 29, 2008

Vacation at home...

So the last week and a half has been very eventful and I have no idea how to write about it all! First off I'll start with a little story: While we were living in LA last summer I went to a "mom's club" so I could meet some people and not be lonely all summer. Well, I didn't click very well in the "club" but that is where I met Jennifer. She is my age and has a little girl named Isabella that is exactly four days older than Zack. We connected pretty quick and we've stayed in touch ever since. Jennifer, her boyfriend Frank, and Isabella all came to visit us last week and we had a blast! We did lots of touristy things like going to Temple Square and Park City and eating at the delicious restaurants only known to Utah. Of course I had to take them to Cafe Rio (which they loved so much they had to go back a second time!), Wingers, and Training Table. We were also lucky enough to have them around on Easter Sunday and they were good sports and came to our family dinner where Joanne made a delicious Turkey dinner. We even had an Easter egg hunt and the eggs were filled with Kix & Captain Crunch. Very baby friendly food. Of course the older kids found all the eggs but the babies got to keep them because as you might guess the kids weren't all that excited about what they found inside.
We also had a baby shower for Trisha which turned out great. She got lots of cute little girl clothes and it was so fun to see everyone and play silly baby shower games.
Then the day after Jennifer and Frank left Trent went out of town to a competition called AITP. It was in Memphis, Tennessee. He went with several other BYU students who are in the Information Systems major and they compete against schools all across the nation. It is pretty crazy though, he competed for four hours Thursday night after traveling all day. Then ten hours, almost straight through, on Friday. Then he got to spend Saturday morning being a tourist and a long awards ceremony that night. They won one of the awards, not as great as last year but still good. Not exactly my idea of fun but Trent really enjoyed it! :) Well, it is long but that is the latest on our family. I hope you didn't fall asleep while reading.
Oh wait! One more funny story! Today I was just hanging out with Zack in our family room while he was playing and suddenly I look over and see he had fallen into one of our baskets. He wasn't crying or anything. He just sat there, completely stuck wondering what to do. It was so funny I had to run upstairs and crab my camera. He wasn't happy about that but at least I got a cute picture of it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow, you did have a busy week! I love the picture of Zack in the basket! Babies are so funny! That was a great idea for the easter eggs, i didn't really do anything cuz i didn't want to give her any candy, well.. and cuz she's not mobile enough to find any eggs, lol. Looks like your CA friends had fun. Ains is totally jealous about him hangin' out with other girls tho.. lol.
We need to get together :)