
Last week Trent and I hiked to the peak of Mount Timpanogos with some friends of ours. 10 miles up...1
0 miles down. It took us the entire day and we loved it! Big thanks to Trent's parents too,
we told them we'd be back in the late afternoon (they were watching Zack for us) and we showed up to their house at 10:00pm. They were really nice about it too, grandparents are so wonderful! Anyway, the hike was AWESOME!
When you get to the top it is a beautiful view. It was so cool, we could see Utah Lake, Jordanelle, and The Great Salt Lake which was really cool because all those lake are in totally different cities with huge mountains in between and we were so high we could see them all. Another cool part of reaching the top was that we had a our friend Collette (who wasn't able to go on the hike) go to a parking lot with a mirror and flash sunlight at us.
We could see exactly where she was even though we were miles and miles away. After reaching the peak of the mountain we climbed down the other side and slid down a massive glacier. The picture I posted of it really doesn't do the mountain justice. It was pretty steep and I stood at the top of it thinking "I'm crazy, I can't believe I'm going to do this!" It turned out not being very scary more like a massively
huge slide that was really cold on your bum. It was really fun! Overall we did pretty well on the hike (especially since it was our first hike of the year). Trent's knees were killing him by the time we reached the top, hence the picture of him kneeling in the snow; it was a great way to ice his knees! We were both really tired and sore by the time we finished the hike (and the next day) but it was totally worth the sore muscles! :) I honestly didn't take many pictures because we had a bunch of photographers with us so when I get copies of those pics from them I'll post them as well!
Last but definitely not least, I can't do a post without putting on a picture of Zack. When I originally designed Zack's room (while I was pregnant with him) I wanted to keep things neutral gender looking
so I could use that baby stuff with all our kids but now that he is a toddler and his ALL BOY attitude shows so well that "neutral" room just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I've been trying to think of new decorating ideas for awhile, I decided since he LOVES giraffes and the zoo so much we'd go with an animal theme. I found this bookshelf on KSL classifieds and fell in love with it. So this is the first item of the upcoming remodel of Zack's room. He loves having his books where he can get to them easily and spends a lot of the day sitting in front of the bookshelf like this "reading" them. What a good boy, he'll be so smart!The other picture is of him sleeping in his crib, I took it because he looked so cute all sprawled out like that. I can't believe how big he's gotten...I remember when he looked like a tiny little pea in that big crib, now he takes up half of it!
3 comments:
Way to go you two! That's something I never did while I lived there! You guys look great!
you guys look so cute! You outdoorsy peoples!
That's awesome that you guys got to do that. We should do that all together when we get back to Utah. I miss the weather there. Today is the first day in like a month and a half that looks like it might be sunny for more than an hour. :)
Post a Comment