Monday, October 20, 2008

Yes to Prop 8

So is everyone hearing about this prop 8 stuff? Like I said in my previous post I am in Cali visiting my sister right now. There are signs everywhere campaigning for prop 8. I went to my sisters ward on Sunday and it was talked about quite a bit during church. I also got to see one of my best friends from high school who is living in San Jose and she told me some pretty cool experiences she's had talking with some of her friends about prop 8. So it has been on my mind a lot the past few days. So I thought I'd just share with all of you that I am all for prop 8! My family is definitely the best part of my life and I believe that marriage is very sacred and special. With divorce rates so high I already feel as though this nation does not hold marriage to the sacred standard it should be held at. I believe marriage is a sacred and special covenant between a man and woman, I believe it is to create a strong family where promises of lifelong support and fidelity are made. It helps create a strong parental bond where children can grow up knowing their parents love each other and will work together to create a loving home for them. The laws in California will still allow marriage related benefits to be given to civil unions even if prop 8 is passed. The thing I am most hesitant about it that children will be taught in school about gay marriages. My question is where will the focus be? Will the teachers spend most of their time talking about heterosexual or about gay marriages? Did you guys hear the story about the elementary school class in San Francisco that went on a field trip to see a gay marriage? So how come they didn't go on a field trip to see a heterosexual marriage? It always seems that the newest and different things are given the most attention. I don't want my kids growing up believing gay marriage is the norm because that is what they've learned about the most outside of the home. I actually have A LOT more thoughts and feelings about this but I am still at my sisters house and all the kids are waking up from their naps so we are heading out to the park. If you want more information this website does a great job explaining things further and I agree with it completely.Preserving the Divine Institution of Marriage

1 comment:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

same issue also up in arizona... its scary really. out here its 102 though. we live in crazy times!