Thursday, April 9, 2009

Love is spending eternity having fun together!

Tonight was nothing special really. Trent got home from work a little early, we did some furniture shopping for the new house, and came home early so we could get Zack to bed on time. As he was cramming his snack into my face and trying to "share" his milk with me he had the biggest grin ever. With his mouth full of food he was talking about the really AWESOME hill he got to run up and down on at RCWilley. He pretended to fall down over and over as we were attempting to say bedtime prayers with him. When Trent tried to give him a hug goodnight, all he could think about was getting to his "lion storybook". As I tried to sing him a soothing bedtime song he belted "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" at the top of his lungs. Can I just say I LOVE my little boy! He is at such a FUN/CRAZY stage! My little hyperactive boy is the joy of my life! I can't even imagine how BORING life would be if I didn't have him. He is my little buddy and I am SO grateful to my wonderful husband who makes it possible for me to spend all my days with this crazy toddler of mine!
I swear he is learning too fast for his own good! He is just taking EVERYTHING in right now. He has the shortest attention span he's ever had and yet is learning faster than ever. He's speaking in full sentences now and saying the funniest things! I don't want to forget this funny stage so I've been keeping track of some of the funny things he's been saying and even have a few videos just to show what a cutie he is!
First, here's a video of Zack playing the piano and singing the ABC's. It's a great example of how short his attention span is right now! (He really can sing the whole song, if he can focus that long!)
-----
Today Zack was biting the furniture (what possesses a kid to do that I'll never know!) when I asked him not to his response was "turn around mom." Haha, I guess he figured if I wasn't watching he could do whatever he wanted!
-----
Tonight Trent was trying to tell him not to do something and he said "go back there" pointing far away. Another failed attempt to get away with being mischievous!
-----
Last night at dinner time Zack was refusing to eat the food I made and was making really funny faces to show how he felt about the food. I had the camera sitting next to me and he was more than happy to make funny faces for the camera instead of eat.
-----
One of the games we love to play is "finding" Zack's giggles. We tickle his leg or tummy or whatever and say "are there any giggles here?" Usually this brings on a TON of laughter from Zackie. Well, yesterday morning I started do that and he was trying his VERY hardest not to laugh. I stopped and said "Zack where did all your giggles go?" and he said "WALMART" then he proceeded to tell me I need to "buy them." Haha, I guess he was just getting back at me for our trip to Walmart the day before when I kept telling him we couldn't play with the toys unless we were going to buy them.
-----
Just had to add this video cause it's so cute! The weird background noises in the background are coming from the baby I was tending that he was singing the song for!
-----
Yesterday as we were kneeling down to say bedtime prayers I started to help him and he said "No, do it self!" So I told him to go ahead. He said "Heavenly Father, daddy toot. Amen"
I actually had a few more written down but I lost the paper I was writting them on so you only got the ones I could remember!
-----
I KNOW, this post is ridiculously long. But I just want to tell you a few more things. Our house is really coming along fast now! It's totally framed and today there was plumber there and the windows were put in. YAY! (This picture was taken this afternoon)Last, we found a fridge tonight! We got it at the Sears "scratch and dent" outlet. It has a large scratch on the side but it didn't matter to us because the side it is on will be next to a wall so no one will see it anyway. We saved almost a $1000 because we got it there and it's exactly what we want! Yay for us.

8 comments:

Angie said...

What a cutie! Doesn't it feel like each day becomes more exciting? I always look forward to the new things Conner is going to say or do the next day :) Being a mom rocks!

Shannon said...

I laughed so hard at the Walmart thing. What a funny kid!!

Jake and Shell said...

Seriously cute! I'm glad you are posting all these fun memories...it goes by so fast :( Carson says EVERYTHING comes from Walmart! - Which, I guess, it kind of does...

Anonymous said...

I really shouldn't read your posts while I'm in the library...I've been making a fool of myself laughing at my screen! It sounds like Zack is turning out to be a little business man! He's already figuring out what he can charge for his services :) Can't wait to see you this weekend. Love you!

Danielle said...

:D HAHAHA, Awwww, BAHAHA, SO CUTE!!! Your Zackie is the best! Totally cracks me up! Ainsley would be totally jealous if she knew you guys had a keyboard, she LOVES playing on the 'pano'. The stuff that kid says! What a crack up!
And YAY on your house!!! I can't wait to see how far they've come by the time we get back!

Sandi said...

Cristi, I don't have your email, but if you check the free photo book post, I replied there to your questions.

Sandi
centsofsavings.blogspot.com

GRandma Cobb said...

How cute is Zackie. Now that he can communicate you realize how much these little souls take in. They are little mirror images of ourselves. Your little Zackie is so full of love and joy because that is what he see's in you and Trent. You guys are awesome!!! Love you ALL tons.

GRandma Cobb said...

buy the way love your house. I am so excited!!! And good shopping!!