Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We had such an AWESOME 4th of July! We started it out perfectly by going camping with Trent's parents. I haven't been myself lately...pulling out my camera with every fun thing we've done. Now I'm regretting it cause it was such a fun trip! :) On the morning of the 4th Zack woke up bright and early ready to go play around the campground. Trent was an awesome husband and let me sleep in while he took Zack to go play. Then we went to a big 4th of July breakfast that a ward hosts at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon every year. It was really fun!
I just love the way this picture of my in-laws turned out! I think I'm going to have to frame it and put it up in my house somewhere!
Our little family
I know, I'm such a mean mom, he's bawling and instead of giving him a hug I take a picture! But it is SUCH a cute picture! :)
That evening we had a big 4th of July Party with my dad's side of the family. My aunts always go all out and plan all sorts of games for the kids and they were tons of fun! We started pretty late though and Zackie was getting tired. I played the "cake walk" (a lot like musical chairs) came with him and he was too tired to walk so I held him on my shoulders, I started wondering if he was going to fall asleep on my head!
Connor won the cake and Bradley was the runner up! It was so funny because the "loosers" got a cupcake as their prize for playing. Connor kept begging to get his number called because he just wanted a cupcake! Bradley understood the game a little better and knew he'd get a WHOLE cake if he was the last one called, but he wasn't bummed at all when Connor won. He quickly asked very nicely "will you share your cake with me Connor?" It was cute! I just love my nephews, it was so fun to have them here for the 4th!
Zackie LOVES his aunt Melissa! :)
The thing I was most excited for was to show Zackie the fireworks! We kept him up WAY later than we usually do because we started the fireworks so late. But he loved them enough to make it worth the next 2 days of a sleepy grumpy child!There was no way we could pull Zack's attention away from the fireworks for something as boring as a picture! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, for not taking as many pictures, you sure know how to capture the moment. Those are all way cute! Ahh! That was so fun! I love it love it.

GRandma Cobb said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I love the picture of Zackie crying that was the perfect thing to do. I also love the picture of Melissa and Zackie, aren't sisters the BEST!! You and Trent are such good parents, I cannot wait for your new baby girl to get here.

Anonymous said...

will you send me that picture of me and Zack??