Saturday, December 5, 2009

Changes...

I can't believe how much our lives have changed in one short year: Trent graduated college, new house, new neighborhood, new job, new baby, new car (ok...just kidding abou the new car but it would be nice if anyone's in the giving mood! haha) Talk about life changes though!!

Now that it's totally official I can blog about it but as of 2 weeks ago Trent changed jobs. He is now working for a company named Goldman Sachs, a large financial firm.
It was kind of crazy how it all came about. We weren't even thinking about Trent changing jobs but then we heard about this company opening an office in Salt Lake and he was interested from the beginning. Then a friend from his old job transferred over to Golman Sachs and told Trent how much he liked it. We figured we had nothing to loose by applying so he just went ahead and applied. We were somewhat surprised by how easily he got the job and what great benefits the company had. We talked about it a lot and decided it was a great opportunity we shouldn't turn down. So a month later he was starting a brand new job 3 weeks before the baby comes....ahhh!

While I am WAY excited to FINALLY have this baby (one week and 2 days to go...yahoo!) I'm totally sad because I'm finishing up babysitting some of the cutest kids ever! Starting last summer I have been babysitting these 2 kids once a week. The little girl was only a month old when I started and now she's walking and talking! Their little boy is one of Zack's best friends in the world. I never thought of myself as a "daycare" kind of person but I just fell in love with these kids and I actually look forward to the day they come because Zack LOVES the company so much, I'm going to totally miss having them come every week!
This is the 3 of them watching in awe as that tractor dug a hole.

P.S. My awesome husband let me sleep in a bit this morning and this is what I woke up to:Talk about stylish huh?

3 comments:

Carly said...

Geesh, you're going to make me cry! We miss you guys, too. Logan talks about you every time he plays with Mr. Incredible. We'll have to get them all back together after your baby comes.

Jake and Shell said...

Congrats Trent! So exciting...I love changes (when they are not my own!!) I hope everything goes well over these next couple weeks. Please call if you need ANYTHING! Maybe Zackie should come over for a playdate and mom should take a nap!! :)

Candice Warby said...

Gene demands to dress himself most days, and it doesn't end up much differently than that. Ha ha. It's definitely entertaining. Congratulations to Trent on the new job. It sounds like it will be great for you guys!