I made Trent promise we'd always celebrate our dating anniversary because it's at a more fun time of year (our anniversary is Dec. 30th, right smack in the middle of Christmas and New Years, always a crazy time). So in honor of eight awesome years being in love with this guy I thought I'd share our story with you guys.So there we were, 17 years old, at the end of our senior year of high school.
We'd sort of dated during our jr. year but I was so non-committal and crazy nothing ever came it but drama. We had drifted our separate ways for awhile but we started hanging out again because of a mutual friend. I was finally starting to realize what an amazing guy Trent was. He was nothing like any of the other immature high school guys around. I however, was still completely not interested in having a boyfriend and reminded him of that regularly (nice huh?) However, he could see through the lame things I said knew I was falling head over heals for him (I had no idea at the time that I was such an open book to him.)
One night while I was working Trent showed up and surprised me with tickets to a Lonestar concert. I was GIDDY with excitement. Was it because I cared about seeing Lonestar in concert? Nope, I was just excited to go with Trent. He told me 3 weeks before the concert and I could think of nothing else from then on. (By the way, I was still completely denying that I even liked him at this point, to him and everyone else).Finally the night came, I probably spent 3 hours getting ready. :) We went to dinner before and then had fun at the concert. We spent the whole evening just laughing and joking around. We started holding hands (oolala!) and it was seriously just the perfect night! I'd told Trent months before about a weird dream I'd had about dancing with him in a parking lot. He remembered and took me to go dancing in a parking lot to "fulfill my dreams." haha. We were listening to a Lonestar CD and danced to this song: Not a Day Goes By, Lonestar.
We were dancing and I totally wanted him to kiss me. I was sure he wasn't going to because I'd spent that last 3 years we'd known each other telling him nothing would ever happen between us. I finally got up my courage to look at him (I had something planned to say to him to hint that I wanted him to kiss me) and he went in for the kiss! I was totally caught off guard and DODGED it! haha. Then I was all flustered and said "I'm so in love with you just kiss me now!" (Pause for a moment, how many of you said "I love you" to your spouse BEFORE you're first kiss?haha)
I'm sure he was thinking "That's exactly what I was trying to do!" but he was kind enough not to say that out loud to me and he went ahead and kissed me. From then on I was completely head over heals for him. I really didn't want to get too serious because we were young and he had a mission ahead of him.
I'd go on dates with other boys, say I'd have to be home early, then go hang out with Trent afterward. Nice huh? It continued like that for a long time but both of us got sick of dating other people just for appearances and we finally started just dating each other like six months before his mission. When he left we were completely in love but the only thing I told him before he left was "If I'm not married when you get back then I'll wait for you." :)
a month later we were officially engaged,
and 3 months after that we were married!
5 comments:
This was so fun to read :) In all honesty, I always thought you and Trent would end up together... it was fun to read more of your "love" story! You two are such a cute couple :)
i love that you put this up! i love hearing stories like this. you crack me up cristi....
Absolutely adorable. Thanks for the sweet story. I love it!
That is so cute!!! Thank you for sharing. I was decided in Heaven that you two would be together and get to be the parents of 2 of the cutest boys I have ever seen. I love how you blog about everything. What a great way to keep a history of your life. And it is my favorite thing to do is to look and see if you or your sister or Kira's new blogs. I love that you and Trisha hang out with each other and that you both get to be stay at home mom's you are so blessed. I remember Sherry and I used to hang out together all the time too when Deanna and Ty and Jason and Jamie were young, their cousins were their best friends also. Love you so much. Auntie Brenda
Oh my stinking cute! I lvoe heraing people's stories, I'm such a sap!
Post a Comment