Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Zoo Zoo

My list of Zackie quotes is piling high again so here we go again....Part 20 on silly things Zackie says: Zack: “mom, I almost have a brother in my tummy.”
Me: "Oh really, how do you
almost have one?"
Zack: "I DO! I'm going to have him in six months years."

After Ben got a scratch on his face Trent was asking Zack about what happened. He said Ben did it to himself. He is usually really nice to Ben but something seemed fishy. We kept asking him if he was lying and he'd say “Well, tomorrow we can,” which made no sense at the time. Finally I asked him “Zack, do you know what lying is?” His face lit up and he said “Ya! Lion King!” Needless to say we had to have a little vocabulary lesson!

Zack was playing with one of his best buds Logan and he fixed a toy for Zack. Zack's response "Thanks Logan, you're a special boy."Logan and Savannah are 2 of the cutest kids in the whole world. I babysat them for a year and a half and sadly for us (happy for their family) their mom quit work last month and no longer needs me to babysit for them. I have a whole post written in my head about these cute these kiddos, it just has yet to be written. :)

Zack sitting on the potty going "number 2": "Mom, I really need to take a shower cause I STINK!"On the morning of Trent's Birthday Zack ran excitedly to Trent and said "It's a secret what you're presents are so I'm just going to whisper it to you." Then he proceeded to tell Trent what the presents he was about to open were. Thanks for keeping the secret Zack!

Zack is really awesome about sharing his toys with Ben even with though Ben doesn't always treat them very well. The other day Trent was trying to take a nap and Zack brought bear to him to help him sleep. He said "here dad, you can have bear....just don't chew on him!"

Driving in the car, "Mom, I'm hot. Can you blow up the window?"Zack needed some new underwear so I let him pick out whatever style he wanted. Of all the things he could have chosen he chose Spider Man and Iron Man. He doesn't even know who those characters are! Then the next day I'm ironing some clothes, I could just see his little brain working as he watched me. Finally he said, "I have ironing man underwear!" He now associates those underwear with a literal iron...haha!

Last I have to put a few quotes with Zack and one of his best buds, Ainsley. She is one of his only really close girl friends and it is SO cute and funny to watch them play together. The difference of boy's and girl's personalities is already SO obvious! This first quote happened at Danielle's house and she told me about it.

Ainsley: "Let's go to the ball!" (She LOVES princess Disney movies)

Zack runs and tells Danielle, "We're going to the ball game!"

Zack: "Ainsley, want to go shooting with me?"

Ainsley: "Let me finish my lunch and then I'll go shopping with you."

Along with the increased abilities and intelligence a 3 year old gets he has also decided it is time to, yet again, test out all mom and dad's limits. This boy sure can have some attitude! He is always trying to send me to my room when I tell him no or wont do something he wants me to. We have been having lots of talks lately about who's the adult and who's the kids. The worst part about it is that when he gets frusterated he uses the exact intonations, gestures, and words that I use when I'm really annoyed. Monkey see, monkey do I guess. The best is when I get impatient with him and he tells me "Don't be so mad mom, have a good attitude!"

Note to self: be more patient and a better example for my kiddos!

Anyway, I LOVE this kiddo. You know you're a parent through and through when the regular movie quotes you joke with your husband about start getting replaced by funny quotes from your kids! :) This boy is SO much fun.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

LOL. Tom and I totally do that, joking about our little 'ainsley-isms'. :). Our kids are way more funny than movies, lol

Shannon said...

Those are so funny! What an entertaining child you have. :)