Monday, June 21, 2010

Vaction at Home Days 2, 3, & 4--My Birthday!

I was so spoiled this year for my Birthday! On Sunday night my family threw my mom and I a joint birthday party since my mom's b-day is only 2 days after mine.Interesting fact: Since our Birthday's are so close I was given my mom's name as my middle name cool huh? (That and because I'm her favorite child of course.)
Then on Monday Trent's parents threw a big party for me as well. Joanne made her world famous chicken enchiladas which is one of my favorite meals, and Alana made me the first homemade birthday cake I've had in YEARS.These 2 awesome people of ours are prego with a baby boy and I'm sure we'll be announcing his arrival soon. We are SO excited!With my new-found photography obsession all I asked for this year for my Birthday was photography supplies. Trent as well as both sets of parents got me some awesome stuff I was hoping for. I new flash and a soft box which creates this beautiful soft light:I still haven't spent a lot of time playing with my new supplies since life has been so crazy lately but it made a world of difference with the last set of pictures I took for a friend of mine.
As part of our week long vacation at home we decided to hit the Zoo with my mom for her classes field trip (she teaches Kindergarten). It turned out to be SNOWING on May 24th. The weather is SO weird! We decided to brave the weather and keep my mom company anyway. I had my point and shoot camera with me and took this one picture than the battery died. At least I got my proof that we went right. Haha. Even with all the snow it was still pretty fun. We got to see a gorilla eating paper and picking his nose which pretty much made Zack's week!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Your pictures are so great! I love the one of Steve. What handsome cousins I have! :)

GRandma Cobb said...

Do you know how much I love your blog. I was feeling kind of blue what with all my kids drama's and work was slow this morning so I just thought I would look at your blog again to see your darling little men and there was more pictures. You are so awesome Cristi Ranae!!! I am so proud of you and of course all of you including your sisters and Brother. Now that you have nieces and nephews you know how much you truely love them and that love just grows and grows and grows. You are a great example to me Cristi Ranae. As always, thank you for blogging. Love you all tons!!!

Amanda said...

Cristi, you are such a good photographer! I love the one where alana is kissing zack in the back ground.