Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My growing baby

This last week I took Ben in for his 6 month well child visit. Here are his stats:
Height: 28.94 inches - 97th percentile
Weight: 18.63 pounds - 59th percentile
Some of his latest developments are figuring out how to sit by himself without falling all the time, sleeping through the night, eating finger foods, and starting baby talk, ("ba-ba" is his favorite thing to say right now.) He also got FOUR teeth all within a weeks time period...all I have to say is thank goodness he got them all at once since the first ones that came through were his "fangs." He would have looked pretty crazy with only his 2 fang teeth on top. :)
Anyway, this kiddo continues to be my little angel baby. He is SOOO easy going and mellow. He rarely cries and all it takes is a tiny bit of attention to get a huge smile. He giggles constantly and ADORES his big brother. Zack can make him laugh easier than anyone else and if Zack is anywhere near Ben he's always trying to grab him and get him to stay and play. :)Side store, notice all the bruises and sores on Zack's face? It was a bad week for him. He got scratched and beaten in nursery (the nursery leaders called it wrestling but when he comes out with scratches all over his face and neck I question that a little:), a fall in the shower resulting in this: Then a total face plant onto the floor from my arms when he surprised me with a full body tantrum and I dropped him right on his face(I know, I'm a great mom), it was a bad week for Zack!
Anyway, back to the update on Ben, I had to do a little mini effort on the "cry it out" method for naptimes with him because he'd go down for a nap, sleep for a half hour, then think he was ready to wake up. It was so frustrating! So I had him "cry it out" for 2 days worth of naptimes (didn't even have to try for bedtime cause he'd go right to sleep). I thought it was a complete failure after the second day and gave up and started going back in to give him his binki after he'd cry for a little while. Low and behold it worked! Since then he has been taking 2 hour naps and sleeping through the night! I swear it's not supposed to be that easy...at least not in my experience!
I just adore this little baby of mine!

2 comments:

AshlieM said...

Your boys are so cute! Zack's little face looks sore, how sad! Ben has such a cute little smile.

Jake and Shell said...

I hate that they grow up so fast! But then, I love when they grow up too...nevermind, this was a pointless comment!! Your boys are cute. :)