Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ben's Birthday!

We started out Ben's Birthday celebrations as we traditionally do...with a birthday breakfast. His favorite breakfast in Pancakes so of course that's what I made him...and he thoroughly enjoyed them!Zack was so kind as to help him open his presents...He was grateful even for the clothes...But, just as I knew it would be, his favorite present was his stuffed bear!His first reaction was to give it a big hug, smile, giggle, then share it with Zack, what a sweetie!
We have no shortage of stuffed animals in our home, especially since I kept every one I ever had as a kid. However, Ben LOVES stuffed animals so I just had to get him one for his Birthday, sure glad I did because it was his favorite present from mom and dad!
That evening we had his Birthday party with the whole family which was so much fun!We had a small dinner with everyone, which honestly didn't turn out that great. I'll excuse myself though since we had just gotten back from Paris the day before, I was a little jet lagged!
Then it was onto the cake...He was really funny about it! We had gotten this mini cake just for him to dig into and he wanted nothing to do with it!
He picked at it, happily let the kiddos take a taste, tried it with a spoon, still no luck, eventually ended up screaming for us to take it away!
I thought he just didn't like being the center of attention which was why he wouldn't eat it but I tried again to give it to him the next day and he would NOT taste it! Silly boy!
Then we moved onto opening presents, he loved this part!He was spoiled rotten by everyone, loved his presents, and couldn't wait to get all of them out of the boxes so he could play with them!My personal favorite of his presents was this blanket made by his auntie Alana....She had a furry blanket like this at her house that he just LOVED, she noticed this like 5 months ago and remembered it then made him this very special blanket just for him. Zack had like 5 blankets that were his "favorite" and Ben still didn't have a special blanket that was all his own, so I was very excited about him getting this. You should see him with it, he just rubs and strokes it over and over, it really was the PERFECT gift for him!
The best part is that on the front (which I don't have a picture of but will get one after Ben wakes up!) it has UZZA embroidered on it. Trent started calling Ben "Uzza-bubba" for some reason right when he was born. The nick name stuck and we call him all variations of that nickname on a regular basis, I just love that she put that on there instead of Ben, it makes it even more personalized! :)
Thanks aunt Alana!
I remember saying this the day of his baby blessing and it still holds so true, the best gift I could ever give this little guy is giving him ample time to get to know his family that loves him so much! My kids are so spoiled to have so many aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends that love them completely unconditionally, there's no better Birthday present than having them around to celebrate his special moments in life!
Happy Birthday Benny Boy, I adore you!

2 comments:

Alana said...

what a sweet post! i love that little boy so much. and im glad he and you like the blanket. i am so glad that we get to spend so much time together.... although sometimes i get selfish and sad andfeel like it is never enough. i seriously cant get enough of you guys. i am so lucky to be able to be a part of your sweet family. thanks for being awesome cristi. love you guys

Angie said...

I can't believe your baby is already one! Happy Birthday Ben!