I've been building this list of Zackie quotes for about six months now, I'm just not as good about keeping my blog updated as I used to be! (I've missed writing down hundreds of awesome quotes by now, hate when I slack off on writing down how cute my kiddos are!:)"Mom, I want another baby."
"What do you mean?"
"Ben's too big, I want another baby."
"In our family?"
"Ya"
"Um, I think you're going to have to wait a little while"
"No, it's ok, I'll get one" Picks up his play cell phone and calls who knows who and asks for another baby!
Obviously his phone call didn't work, we have re-lived this conversation about a hundred times now! Zack asks for a new baby at least once a week! He always says Ben is too big and he likes babies, oh, and he wants a sister this time! At least I know that when we're ready he'll be excited! :)
Later, when the conversation of Zack wanting another baby came up again he, being completely serious, asked me
"Mom, do you get to pick your little stinkers?"
Guess I call them "Little stinkers" so much Zack considers it another way to refer to kids, haha!
Ever wonder how to get in good with Zack, here's what you need:
Me: "Who's your best friend from preschool?"
Zack: "Carter"
" What is he like?"
"He has cool shirts, a funny talk, and a funny head"
Hum, good to know that's what matters in a friend! :)
Anyone who knows Zack knows he LOVES to talk. Just ask him one question and he'll talk your ear off for a good half hour with just a few "oh's, cool's, and wow's" in response. The other day we were driving in the car and he started telling me about his dreams when he grows up...
"When I grow up to be big to be as tall as daddy then I am going to still live with you but I'll build a BIG garage because I'm going to get LOTS of cars. And I'll be able to be able to cut with really sharp knives, and be able to lift up safety gates, and go visiting teaching, and pick up big heavy boards, visit Ainsley whenever I want, cross the street by myself, and play basketball with REALLY REALLY REALLY high hoops!"
He also loves to remind Trent that he has to "wait for him" to get old enough to work with him. His dream is to be able to go to work someday with daddy and "build on the computer." Wow, exciting huh? He just admires his dad so much he wants to be just like him! 
A couple months ago I took Zack to a High School Play that my cousin was in. I didn't know how he'd do and figured if he got antsy and I had to leave early then so be it. He LOVED every minute of it and was completely riveted, I'll have to take him to things like that more often! Anyway after the play was over I asked him what his favorite part was, he answered...
"NOT the kissing part because that was really gross!"
Right after Christmas Zack said this to me:
"Sometimes Santa gives me presents because he hears me tell you I love you huh?"
Yes, Zack, that is exactly right! :)
Zack was pretty sick a few weeks ago, sore throat, high fever, the works. In fact we all were, it was NOT fun! Anyway, this was his way of telling me his throat was sore, I thought it was super cute!
"Mom, something swords me every time I swallow"
Zack really let Christmas get to his head, he realized that getting presents was pretty awesome! He is constantly talking about what he wants for his Birthday, I guess he missed the whole point of Christmas this year huh? Anyway, the other day he said to me:
"Mom, I really want a crane for my birthday, but it'd be pretty hard to wrap huh?"
Glad he's thinking it through all the way!
Just yesterday I was in Ben's room giving him a bottle as we got ready for naptime, Zack peeked his head in and my first response was to shoe him away. Luckily I bit my tongue to hear him out because this is what he said:
"Hey mom, just checking, is Ben doing ok? Does he need anything?"
It melted my heart, he's so sweet!
Zack and Ben went through a rough time for a little while there. Right when Ben started walking and really getting independent Zack got pretty upset with him.
He got irritated that Ben would take his toys and ruin the things he built. I understand it was frustrating for Zack but I was completely taken back by it. My sweet little angel that had always treated Ben like his best little bud started hitting him and yelling at him all the time! Ben followed his lead and would readily attack Zack at the slightest hint of trouble. Oh, and be aware, Ben has a full mouth of teeth and he's NOT afraid to use them!
Uggg! They were at each other's throats 90% of the time! However, with lots of teaching moments, attention, and positive reinforcement I can officially say "it was just a phase" phewwww....I was worried for awhile there! They still have their moments, which is normal and expected, but for the most part they now love each others company!Zack even makes an extra effort to make Ben happy. A lot of times I'll be in the other room and come in to find Zack clapping, dancing, or singing to make Ben happy.
Zack loves to be the first person to see Ben in the morning and when he hears Ben wake up he INSISTS that he be the one to go say good morning to him. He goes in his room, climbs in his crib, and they'll play together for a good half hour. I LOVE this little tradition they've made because it means extra sleep for me! :)I love that my boys love each other, it is one of the most important things I want to teach them, that family is everything. I'm so glad that they are becoming buds already. :)
Obviously Ben is a little too young to do quotes for but I'd still love to say a few things about how big he's getting.
As a kid I'd ask my mom what my first word was and she's always say "giggling, you didn't talk, you giggled." It always bothered me and figured that was her way of nicely saying she didn't remember. However, after having Ben as my baby I sort of believe her. The boy LOVES to laugh. He talks sometimes, but he laughs all the time! He just runs and giggles for no reason, it's so stinking cute!
He loves, and I mean LOVES, to be tickled. It is one of the few words he says all the time, he'll walk toward you laughing and tickling his own belly saying "ti, ti, ti" meaning he wants you to tickle him.
He has always had his own interesting ways of showing his love. If he is feeling extra loving towards you and you pick him up he'll grab your lips. Why you ask? Because that is his way of giving a kiss! He doesn't love giving actual kisses but he's more than happy to compromise and touch your lips. Haha, silly kid.
He's not huge on kissing but he LOVES hugging! I realized because of him that whenever I'd hug him I'd go "ooooohh" I guess to show him I liked it, he's never been very snuggly and I wanted him to learn it's a way to show love. He really took that lesson to heart and gives hugs freely now. Whenever he wants a hug he runs toward you going "ooooooooooooooohhhhhh!" So sweet. :) The hug may only last 2 seconds but I'll take whatever I can get! :)He is at that cute age where he constantly tells on himself. He'll grab something he knows he's not supposed to play with and bring it to me and show me. Guess he hasn't learned the art of manipulation and sneaking around yet! :)
The thing I think Ben loves more than anything is music. Well, on second thought, it's probably his bear. But second to that is music. When he was like 6 months old he decided he HATED the car and would just scream the whole time we were driving. At first I'd turn down the music thinking the extra noise was overwhelming him. However, I eventually learned that the only thing that would calm him down was BLASTING the music. He loves it! He is especially fond of pop music, stuff with a good beat, that always makes him smile. If I'm listening to talk radio or news in the car you can count on hearing him in the back seat humming to himself. If he's having an extra hard time calming down, sing to him, it works every time! The kid truly loves music!
Another awesome development is that he's completely done with binki's. This seems like it should be such a big step for him but he was never really that attached to them, that why I decided to just get rid of them. He didn't even cry his first few times going to sleep without them, he whimpered for a few minutes and then never looked back. Honestly, he probably would have been fine never having a binki even as a tiny baby, but I pushed it because he always wanted to suck his thumb, I figured the binki habit would be a lot easier to break than thumb sucking, and it sure was!!
Ben is also learning his animal sounds, is super cute and he gets very excited every time we practice them. This is another time I just LOVE that I have 2 kids instead of one. Zack LOVES to help Zack learn animal sounds and it's so fun for all three of us to just laugh about it together.
I sure do love being a mom, it is the best thing in the world! If you read this far down, way to go, I know it was a super long post this time. :)

6 comments:
I did read that whole thing and loved it!! What a great post!
Okay. Your boys are adorable. I love that Zackie wants more babies! Conner keeps reminding me that he wants ten more babies... so not happening :)
Have I mentioned that I love your blog?
oh my gosh. i love this post SOO much. i love those boys. and i love the pics! those ones of Zack wearing a sunday suit are my fav. what a funny kid. and that benny sure is a crack up too.
Zack can come over to Ainsley's house anytime he wants. :D He's the funniest little boy. Love him to pieces! Can't wait for Nora and Ben to be able to play :) You are so good at writing down the cute things they say! I only do it on FB and then I forget and can't find it!
Love it, love your pictures, you have such a good eye. I always read your blog at work and we have been super busy, this morning I was having a bad day, lots of mean people caling me and asking how I think they should pay their bill? I would like to say get another job but apparently their are NO JOBS available in Utah because everyone is out of work? But I digress, your blog totally cheered me up, now I can go back to being nice. THANK YOU SO much for taking the time to do your blog, I totally appriciate and love it. I love the picture of Zackie in his suit, and Love that he wants more babies, sounds good to me, hint hint. You and Trent are such awesome parents/people!!! Love you ALL so so so much Cristi Ranae!!! Some day I hope that Deanna can be as cool as you!!
super super cute post. I need to do something like this so I can remember how adorable my kids are on the days that I want to pull my hair out. Love it!
Post a Comment