Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sick Little Benny...

Benj has the flu or something and the only reason I'm blogging about it is because it has reminded me how sweet and mellow this little guy truly is. That little detail has been easily forgotten in the last couple months of toddlerhood because he gets into things SO MUCH! He's got a "catch me if you can" personality and is always looking for the next "illegal" thing to get into. He sure keeps me on my toes!Anyway, last night I was getting into bed and decided to go check on the kids. When I went in Ben's room I was surprised to see him standing up in his crib at what for him was the middle of the night! In a desperate and pathetic little voice he just cried "MAMA!" like I had just saved him. (That alone melted my heart because although he's had the ability to say my name for months now he never calls me by name and if he wants to get my attention he usually says dada, little stinker!) I soon realized he had thrown up all over in his crib. I cleaned him and his crib all up without a single tear from him. It makes me wonder how long he would have waited around in his crib without crying for me? That's just Ben though. Yes he has his cry baby moments when he's frustrated but if he's truly hurt or sad he does his very best not to cry. On Sunday he fell head first off the couch and didn't even cry, he's such a tough little munchkin!Zack has been a little sweetie too. Tucked under that fuzzy blanket his aunt Alana made him is Zack's bear. The minute Zack found out Ben was sick he ran and grabbed his bear then gave it to Ben "to make him feel better." He camped out on this chair with Ben for a good 20 minutes this morning to keep him company and make him happy. What an awesome older brother huh?

4 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweetie. I hope he gets feeling better soon :)

Jake and Shell said...

Brothers are so awesome! What a couple of sweet boys you have! Lots of loves to Ben and a big high 5 to Zack xoxoxo

Amanda Joyce Jensen said...

What a sweetheart brother! Ah, I can't wait to clean up throw up messes. :-)

Alana said...

i love these boys. what a sweet post.