Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zack turned 4!....three months ago....

Ok, so I'm a little late getting Zack's Birthday pictures blogged, but hey, at least I'm doing it right? I really want to make sure I stay caught up on our family blog but it sure has been hard lately!!
SOOOO, about Zack's Birthday. This was his funnest Birthday yet. Each year he gets older, more capable, and more excited for his Birthday!
After Christmas Zack realized how AWESOME holiday's that you get presents for are. For the next 3 months he was going around asking everyone "Will you give me ______ for my Birthday?" He seriously couldn't wait for his Birthday to come around!
We started the morning off with our traditional Birthday breakfast and presents. I like to give them to him in the morning so he can play with them all day! :)He was so cute, and incredibly grateful for every present and smiled and said a big cheesy "THANK YOOOOOOOU" even for the boring presents like clothes! :)Zack had it in his mind that it isn't a Birthday if he doesn't go to Chuckie Cheese. He and all the cousins LOVE Chuckie Cheese so we go there for almost every Birthday. He really wanted to go so we took him there for lunch. This monster truck is the biggest reason he thinks Chuckie Cheese is so cool, he probably used half of his tokens on it! :)After lunch we came home from Ben's nap and Zack and Trent went out the "build" in the garage together. Working in the garage with Trent is one of Zack's favorite things to do!I wasn't going to do a big Birthday party for Zack this year....mostly because I'm lazy. ;) But the day before his birthday I decided that since the weather was supposed to be nice we could just invite a few kids from the neighborhood over and have some cake and ice cream. Then we invited a bunch of our family and it ended up being a lot of people that came! The weather didn't hold up for us so we crammed everyone into my house for a fun not-so-little party! When I asked Zack what he wanted for his Birthday dinner all he'd answer was "noodles" what he really meant was Roman Noodles but we settled on Alfredo noodles since I wasn't a huge fan of feeding my family Roman Noodles for dinner. :)Overall it was a great day, Zack is naturally such a loving and sweet little boy. Combined with the maturity that comes along with getting a little older he is SO much fun to have around! He is SO passionate...since the time he was older enough to communicate what he wanted he's had something he his literally obsessed with!
The first thing was brooms. It was one of the first things he learned to say and he could spot a broom anywhere! We'd be at a store and he'd excited start pointing and saying "boooooom! boooom!" and sure enough there would be one tucked away in the corner that only someone looking for it would notice!Next it was vacuums, or "ba-oooom" as he'd call them. Nothing would make him happier than having a vacuum in his hands. I can't even tell you the endless hours spent at Grandpa's house where he'd have sheer joy as Grandpa would let him vacuum things up and walk around with their vacuum!After vacuums it was tools. In reality, I think all he really cares about is the coolest tool around. As a baby he was introduced to the broom first because I'd use it all the time. Then came the vacuum because that was also around but it had a motor! Tools....that was all Daddy Grandpa Broderick that showed him those! They'd let him use a real drill when he was only 2 years old!! He'd stay outside with Grandpa for house drilling screws into wooden blocks, the fence, or whatever else Grandpa would let him work on!The tools obsession lasted for a good year and half until Trent and I went to Paris and while we were gone Grandpa Broderick showed Zack the Star Wars movies. Since his little mind has thought of little else besides Star Wars and Light Sabers! He asks be regularly why I didn't name him "Luke, Anikin, Yoda, Darth Vader, General Grievous, etc." The list goes on and on, he really is disappointed that I didn't name him after a Star Wars character. :) He brings his Light Sabor anywhere I will let him and plays with them all day every day! I apologize for than tangent but I just didn't feel like just saying "he's passionate" would cover what I was trying to express! In reality, passion hardly even begins to describe how this kid lives his life, he is so excited about everything! He inquisitive (wants to know how EVERYTHING works) and incredibly loving! At least once a day he out of the blue says "mom, I love you!" just because he knows it'll make me happy. He has turned into a very loving and protective older brother to Ben and adores his daddy beyond belief!He really is, along with Trent and Ben, the biggest blessing in my life. I can't imagine how boring my life would be without him! I adore you Zackie, you're the best little boy a momma could hope for!!

1 comment:

Alana said...

I love him I love him I do. What a sweet tribute to an amazing little guy