Then my sister was nice enough to let us borrow her kid size potty. All he wanted to do all day was sit on that potty, the first time he saw it immediately took his pants and diaper off and had to sit on it (it was in my parents living room so I thought that was pretty funny!) So we spent the whole day Monday watching "Elmo's Potty Time" and reading stories about potty training.
I read a lot about it and a lot of people recommend setting a timer and having them go every 30 min so they don't have an accident. I tried that on Tuesday and it TOTALLY backfired. He refused to sit on the potty and was super mad at me every time I brought it up. I gave up and figured we'd try again later.
The next day he just started going by himself. He always tells me to "stay out there" and he goes potty, flushes the toilet, and washes his hands all by himself then will let me help him get his pants back on. That's Zack for ya, either he'll do it himself or he won't do it at all!
Anyway, he's been doing great! Only 1 accident in 3 days and he stayed dry for naptime and bedtime! I'm so proud of him, he seriously did it totally on his own. I don't even have to remind him to go, he'll just stop playing and "sneek" into the bathroom to go when he needs to. What a good boy!
He has already filled up his potty chart so now we are taking him to the zoo as his reward tomorrow, anyone want to come!? :)
Fishing
We had a fun overnight camping and fishing trip with the Nelson's and my family all together. We had the best luck I've ever had fishing. We seriously caught 5 fish within an hour! It was really fun!
I love this picture, the entire Nelson Family just hanging out. This is one of my new favorites!
Yum, yum.

6 comments:
Yeah for Zack! That is a big accomplishment! Way to go mom and dad :)
That's the same potty chart we used for Connor! :) I am so proud of Zack. You are such a good mom. I wish I had been more patient with both the boys. Oh well, we'll see what happens with Halley . . .
WOW...that's great! Good job Zack! That was so fast! I still have to remind Carson to go before bed (or long car trips). When he resists, I just tell him to count to 10 and if he goes - great - if not, no big deal. 9 out of 10 times he goes :)Congratulations - now you won't have two in diapers!!!!
That is awesome. What a great kid he is so smart. I love that he wants you to wait outside while he goes to the bathroom himself, talk about independant. Huray for ZACKIE!!!
Yay Zack! I bet that's a relief for you. No more diapers. At least until the new little guy comes!
Way to go Zack!
By the way, we need updated photos of the baby belly.
Post a Comment