Friday, September 4, 2009

Ramblings of a 2 year old

I know most people don't really get as big of a kick out of Zackie stories as I do but for those of you that are close to Zack it usually gives a good giggle. I always forget the funny things he says so for a couple of days I decided to write them down. He has such cute mannerisms and watching him learn to try and express himself is SO funny! I just love being his mom, he's such a cutie!
One morning Zack and Trent were sitting at the table eating breakfast together quietly. Out of no where Zack turns to Trent and says "I'm having a good attitude daddy, I won't hit you." Hum...how sweet of him.

I was tucking Zack into bed the other night and our deal is that I always lay by him for one minute and then I leave. This was our conversation as I was leaving the other night.
Zack: "mommy, come back."
Me: "no Zack, it's been a minute, it's time for you to go to sleep."
Zack: "No mommy, come back!"
Me: "No Zackie, go to sleep."
Zack: "Mommy, just come back and give me a kiss!"
Who can resist that?

Every morning when Zack wakes up I ask him how he slept. He always gives me really random, silly answers so I love asking him. Here are a few of his answers....
Me: "Zack how did you sleep last night?"
Zack: "fast" (that one is the most common)

Me: "Zack how did you sleep last night?"
Zack: "long"


Me: "Zack how did you sleep last night?"
Zack: "tall"

Me: "Zack how did you sleep last night?"
Zack: "slow" (he said that one day after he took a really short nap. Maybe it isn't just a silly answer and fast and slow actually means something to him, who will ever know!?)

Me: "Zack how did you sleep last night?"
Zack: "hour"

His favorite drink in the whole world is Root Beer. The other day he got some when we went to a restaurant and as soon as he took a drink he excitedly said "Oh my gosh! This rootbeer is AMAZING!" He's 2, what 2 year old says that?

Trent: "Zack you're cute."
Zack: "ya, I am."
Hehe, maybe someday he'll learn some humility, just not TOO soon!

The other day I got out his pajamas which he always knows means it's almost bed time. I told him to come get them on and he said "I don't wear pajamas, they make me sick" Nice try kiddo.

Zack saw a Tractor driving on the road with all the cars. He got all upset and said "Stupid Tractor! He best be in the dirt!" You tell him Zack! (we are working on not saying stupid, I'm not always the best example for a 2 year old! :)

Instead of cucumber he calls it a "cute-cumber"

When he doesn't like something instead of being a normal kid and saying "I don't like it" he says "It's not for me." Who says that? It makes me laugh every time.

The other day we were outside and I told Zack I couldn't get something for him because it was in the mud and I didn't have my shoes on. He turned to Trent and said "Daddy, get mommy's shoes, she can't walk with her toes on."

This is a picture of Zack "sharing with Baby brother"
He does it quite often actually, he brings toys and set's them on my belly for baby brother to play with. What a sweet heart!

Trent was playing with Zack one night and Zack brought him his "lunch box" full of cars. Trent pretended to eat it in a such a way that Zack thought he really did eat it. We didn't want Zack to be trying to eat his toy cars so Trent showed Zack his "trick". Zack was is so discrete about it...we had to take a video!



This is another playtime with daddy where Zack was just making me crack up while he tried to be like daddy.


A favorite game of Zack's is to "freeze" at random moments. This is him playing it with my family at Sunday dinner. It is so fun to have the cousins around again!

Oh and I can't leave this picture out. We went on a day trip with some of our friends to see the Park City Parade of Homes. It was SO fun to have a day with just the adults hanging out together! Anyway, Zack got to spend the ENTIRE day with is grandpa and he hasn't stopped talking about it since! Here he is being Grandpa's little helper.
I took all these pics after I finished this post just so I had something to put with the quotes. Nothing more real life then a messy face, dirty shirt, and cute boy being shy of the pictures. I may be a little biased but I think he may be one of the cutest kids in the whole world!

5 comments:

Brian and Mal said...

hehe! What a funny kid! I call them "cute cumbers" too.

Anonymous said...

I decided tonight it would be great to print out a bunch of these blogs of yours and take them with me on my mission to use whenever I need a good laugh :) I love that kid!!!! (and I think he's one of the cutest kids ever too...shhh!)

Alana said...

i absolutely love this kid. i love when you post things. it makes my day

GRandma Cobb said...

He is sooooo cute. I love that you put all Zackie's random sayings on your blog. I wish I had done that when my kids were little because you think you will remember but you don't. Zackie is personality plus and sooooo sweet. He is going to be a good big brother. Thanks for blogging. Love you all Tons. Auntie Brenda

Trisha said...

Ha ha ha . . .I am laughing and crying! He is such a sweetheart, and I am so sad Wes is missing all of this stuff!
I also think Zack is one of the cutest and most fun kids around!