He's not always so sweet to me though...Trent and I were picking Zack up from nursery a few weeks ago and he hands Trent his picture that he drew. Then he turns to his nursery leaders and tells them, "mommy doesn't get one cause she's naughty."
We told Zack we were leaving to go buy our new car and he told us we have to "Put the Murano in a bag, me and daddy will lift it and then we’ll drive it after we get home." Right....
Zack brought up the other day about how Ben used to be in my tummy and this is how the conversation went:
Me- "Yep, and you were in my tummy once too."
Zack-"when I was a baby?"
Me- "Yep"
Zack-"Ya, and it was scary in there because there were no light switches." hehe
If I were graded as a parent on my ability to potty train I would definitely receive a big huge F. We are are working on it though alright!? Geez, stop judging :) Anyway, in one of my many attempts to bribe Zack to go potty I asked him the other day "If you go potty with a good attitude I'll give you a prize, what do you want?" his response...
"Can you give me a few hundred bucks and some chocolate?"
haha, right.
He thought for a minute then said "A million dollars AND chocolate." He's no dummy!
The other day Ainsley yells down the hall “Zackie, I need you!”
Zack looks at me, sighs, rolls his eyes and says "Lot of work!" haha, women these days. :)This morning I asked Zack what he wants for his Birthday breakfast and he said, “A treat to save for later and church food.” (Any have an idea of what church food is?)
Sometimes I think I should just take a tape recorder into prayer time. He says the funniest things during his prayers! Bear with the grammar/language errors, these are the words of a 2 year old. :)
"Dear heavenly father, thank you for I love my blankies and my bear, thank you for I love Daddy and Ben....I love grandpa and other grandpa, both of them. I have two grandpa's like this mommy? (holding up 2 fingers) I'm 2. I'm gonna turn 3 on march 10th and I will go to preschool every day. Bless that I can have a birthday party, that I can eat cake, with red on it. Mommy, can I have friends at my birthday party? ("ya, focus on the prayer Zack") Please bless Melissa that she can feel better (she's not sick, we always bless her on her mission but I guess he forgot WHY we bless her:) bless Alana for her baby, bless Trisha for her baby. thank you for Jesus loves me, in the name of Jesus Christ amen."
For FHE we usually just look at a picture from a gospel art book we have and explain it to Zack. The picture above is the one we explained to him last week. This is a video of him retelling the story in his own version:
And of course I have to include something about little Ben. He may not be saying funny things yet but he is definitely talking. Meet his favorite friends to talk to:Ben LOVES these little wall decals. He oooos and ahhhhs at them the whole time I'm changing him every day. I had no idea they'd be such a hit when I put them up!
I'm sure you can tell by the millions of pictures I have for this post that I've been using my children as models to figure out my camera. I took some maternity pictures of someone the other day and these were test pictures I took trying to figure out how to make my bedroom double has a studio. haha, I know I'm crazy. :) The pictures aren't the greatest quality but Ben is such a cutie I had to post them anyway. I wish his little face was in focus but he looks so peaceful and sweet I can't help but love the picture!
Ben is still my little angel baby. He's a great sleeper and really only cry's if he's tired or hungry. He loves talking to us and smiles so easily. He laughs pretty often now and is really working hard at figuring out how to use those little hands of his. Can you tell I absolutely ADORE my kids? :)
2 comments:
this is a priceless post. i love the video. oh my gosh. i love your stinkin kids so much.
What a cutie pie. Some of the pictures of Zack remind me of my husband.. in the bathroom with no pants, in the kitchen with no shirt, wearing a tie with no shirt...
Did I read that right? Is Trisha pregnant again?! How exciting!
Post a Comment