Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tryin' new things...

We were out to eat the other day and being the responsible parents we are decided to carry on the tradition of our baby's first taste of something besides milk be a lemon of all things. It was just to be silly when we did it with Zack and yet again with Ben. They are both crappy videos because they were both taken at restaurants with my cell phone, but boy oh boy were their reactions different!
Here's the video of Ben having his first taste:
And here's the video of Zack trying it:
Can I just take a minute and say I think these videos show the differences in their personality SO perfectly! Zack, dramatic and showy. Ben, mellow and willing to just go with the flow. So fun how different they are!
Speaking of what fun brothers they are. This morning I woke up to Zack screaming "Ben's awake!" I came in to find this:I'm pretty sure Zack WOKE Ben up so he could play with him. It was cute once but he better not do it again! :) (P.S. Like the "undies" look for Zack? We made him wear a diaper to bed because he had an accident the night before so I guess the first thing he did when he woke up was get out of that diaper!)
Anyway, the real reason for this post was to announce that we started Ben on solids this last week. He is LOVING it! I was planning to wait until he was six months but he was acting like he needed more food. He was waking up 3 times to eat during the night which was way more than he's ever done before...even as a newborn. Plus he would wake up a half hour into his naps and be really fussy about going back to sleep. Finally I tried feeding him solids and it fixed all the problems! Guess he was just a hungry little boy.P.S. Ben's eye surgery is schedule for Tuesday. Pray for him that everything will go well!
He's not exactly thrilled about it....Ok, so obviously he has no idea whats going on. But today the hospital called to pre-register him and they asked "to speak with Ben," Trent was speechless, it was pretty funny!

4 comments:

Alana said...

cristi- i love how you are able to capture perfectly your little boys. they are so stinkin sweet. i love them so much!

Amyann6 said...

So adorable! Love the videos and pics. Hope everything goes well with the surgery! Scary...but I'm sure it will all be fine!

Angie said...

Your boys are adorable. I love the picture of Ben and Zack in the crib together - best buds already :)

GRandma Cobb said...

Wow it has been awhile since I have looked at your blog, sorry work is so busy and that is the ONLY time I am on the computer. Hope everything went well with little Ben's surgery, how SCARY, sorry he had to go through that, make me so sad. I LOVE YOUR NEW CAMERA!!!! I love all the cute pictures you are getting of Zackie and Ben. They are soooooooo cute. You are Trent are such good parents, I just want you to know how proud I am of you. I just love you and Trent and the boys, and YOUR BLOG!!! Love Auntie Brenda