Thursday, September 23, 2010

I love this guy!

There have been a few things going on in my life lately that have just really made me realize how much I love my husband. I was thinking about it this morning and it was ELEVEN years ago this month that I met him. Granted we weren't best friends from the first day we met but he has been a huge part of my life for so many years now, I can't even imagine who or what I'd be like without him in my life.
Someone told me once that when your in a relationship and you both feel like you got the better end of the deal than you're doing something right. He's always been so loving and so accepting of me exactly the way I am...he even loved me as a hormonal and slightly crazy teenager, now that is true love! :) I've never felt like I had to prove myself to be accepted by him. Yet at the same time everything about who he is makes me want to be a better person. He's always been encouraging me in the most loving ways to improve myself and pursue the things I love. When I make mistakes he doesn't rub my nose in it, usually he just acts like he didn't notice. :) How did I get him? I have no clue! Do I deserve him? Definitely not. Will I keep him? Um....for forever!
Thanks for always reading my sappy love posts. :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so sweet! Trent is so great!

Jake and Shell said...

So sweet and so true! You guys really are a great couple and a great example to the rest of us!!!

Jake and Shell said...

lol...I just noticed the slight over-use of the word "great" :) I think I read Shannon's post and thought "oh, Trent IS great" ...and he is. Great, wonderful, fantastic, etc.