Please excuse the small amount and the ugliness of the pictures in the post, I forgot my nice camera for most of the day so my crappy little one was my only option!
After our day in Beauex we headed to Countances where Trent served six months out of his mission. We stayed with a wonderful family that spoiled us completely rotten. They offered to feed us dinner the first night and then said we could feel free to come and go as we please. I assumed they'd feed us the one meal and after that we wouldn't be in their hair too much. Oh how mistaken I was! They fed us 7 course gourmet meals for every meal, it was delicious! I did feel guilty though, they spoiled us completely rotten the whole time we were there.We got to Countances late Saturday night and had our first fancy dinner with our hosts Mary Jo & Jean Claude. It was a little awkward for me because neither of them spoke a lick of English. Trent tried to translate for me but the conversations went so quickly that by the time he'd finish translating something for me they'd be onto a new topic. However, the food was delicious and Trent thoroughly enjoyed catching up with them.
The next morning was Sunday and we went to church there so Trent could see the rest of the member's he'd grown to love so much while he served there. Yet again it was a little awkward for me, a few women in relief society spoke a tiny amount of English. They were trying so hard to translate for me but I honestly didn't have clue what they were talking about! It sure was interesting though, their entire branch only had about 20 people total, including the kids. So with because some of the women worked in primary there were only 4 women in relief society besides me. How weird would that be!? We then had sacrament meeting which it was a fast Sunday so everyone bore their testimonies and that was really cool because I had Trent there to translate for me. After all the meetings were over they hosted a big a delicious dinner at the church, with their whole ward, in honor of us coming.
The best part of this day was meeting this sweet lady.
Trent found her and taught her while he was on his mission. She has always done an amazing job at keeping in contact with him and sending gifts when our kids were born. The missionaries said she was happier that day than they'd ever seen her and that she'd been counting down days until she got to see Trent since we told her we were coming. It was cool to meet this little lady who has meant so much to Trent!
During the dinner I sat across from the lady at the end of this picture, in purple. She didn't speak any English but kept smiling at me and shrugging her shoulders exactly the way Trent's grandma did. All of her mannerisms reminded me so much of Trent's grandma. I guess his grandma was on my mind for a reason because when we came home from church and called to talk to our kiddos we found out she was passing away. They knew she'd be gone within the next day or so. The news was heartbreaking especially being so far away and unable to go visit her one last time.
For his Grandma it was good, her health has been declining for awhile now and she spent a lot of time confused about where she was and who she was with, she was ready go home to her husband. However, we were really sad we were so far away when it all happened. She ended up passing away the next day and by the time we got home the funeral had already happened and all the family that came into town had left, we missed everything. Trent was in his mission when his Grandpa died as well so this is the second important funeral he's missed while in Paris, he was pretty heartbroken to be away during all of it.
During the dinner I sat across from the lady at the end of this picture, in purple. She didn't speak any English but kept smiling at me and shrugging her shoulders exactly the way Trent's grandma did. All of her mannerisms reminded me so much of Trent's grandma. I guess his grandma was on my mind for a reason because when we came home from church and called to talk to our kiddos we found out she was passing away. They knew she'd be gone within the next day or so. The news was heartbreaking especially being so far away and unable to go visit her one last time.
If you have actually read this far I am impressed! Sorry I'm always so wordy, I just don't want to forget anything!

2 comments:
Hahaha! I love words, too! Let's be friends! :) Awesome pics! Love you guys! :)
I am loving your details about your trip! I think it is so so so cool that you were able to go on a little adventure to Paris :)
Post a Comment