Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My little boy is growin' up...

I keep being told that I need to write this down, however, I'm not sure the story will be nearly as cute written down as when it's told in person. :)The other day we had pretty much pushed Zack to the limit. We had spent most of the day at a formal event, meaning "don't play and don't be loud" for Zack. He did great until the very end, we saw the tantrum coming so we took him to the car. Something happened, I don't really remember what, but he got SOOOOOOOOO upset. Right as the tantrum started coming I told him "Zack, you know if you loose your temper you loose privileges..." (It is AMAZING how well this little phrase works. I love it, I don't even have to say which privileges, he just knows it won't be good!) He immediately stopped the tantrum and instead of getting angry tears just started flowing out of his eyes. He was instantly embarrassed by the tears. As he wiped them away he just kept saying over and over again "What the...what the...what the...." like he had no idea what was happening to him. It was SO stinkin' cute!
He does this quite regularly now actually. He tries SOOO hard to keep control of himself. He rarely has temper tantrums (usually only when he's super overwhelmed) but instead tries very hard to "stay in control" and tears just flow from his eyes despite all his efforts to hold them back. All those talks about him having to learn self control to be a Jedi must really be paying off! :)
I truly ADORE this kid. He knows just what to do to melt my heart. He is so observant, if I ever show even the slightest hint of saddness he'll notice and say "Mom, why do you have sad face?" My favorite is that regularly, out of no where, he'll say "Mom, I love you!" He knows that every time he says this he gets a reaction from me so he says it ALL the time. I cannot even begin to express the amount of love I have for this little munchkin of mine, he is so wonderful! :)
He's been sitting on my lap watching me type this whole post, he's waited patiently for his turn to "text" so he's now going to write his own little message:
'l,kjmhkl';
kcvbj]up0\\]
rjfugtre453jpkopukkilpippo[iooipo88[pu-90ui9dtetr
jdff8urgu8dgu78try7867
zacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

3 comments:

Alana said...

I kive it! the pictures are awesome!!!! they look so good. i love my little wacky zacky bum

Angie said...

What an adorable picture and story. Your Zach is adorable :)

Heather Curtis said...

What a little stud muffin! I LOVE that first picture. And you gotta love the star wars picture too- he is so funny. I can't wait to hang out with you guys again!